Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Milk

I saw the Gus Van Zant's film Milk the other day, and last night I watched the documentary, The Times of Harvey Milk. I cried during both--more during the documentary. I like biopics if they are well done and faithful to the truth. But documentary biographies seem to move me more these days. Both films reiterated Harvey Milk's exhortation to closeted homosexuals to "Come out!" I am not exactly closeted, but for any of my relatives or friends who do not know--I'm a gay man. In my life I have had one-night stands, brief romances, long-term relationships, and painful break-ups, pretty much under the radar when it comes to my family. I still suffer somewhat from a lack of self-acceptance due to a so-called "internal homophobia." I say, suffer no more. Happy New Year to all!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are who we are, and our family (most of us anyway) love unconditionally. None of us are perfect and never will be. ON that note, You are special to all of us bobby Lee, and we love you dearly for who you are!
with great love,
your cousin Cathey

Anonymous said...

bob, you are the same person i loved as a little boy, i may not always understand what its all about but i love you for who you are, a good kind loving person.

tante

Anonymous said...

In the beginning of the bible it says that god made man (humans) in his image and likeness! In most cases it is a gift from god to be gay. Two very well known ministers made that comment on oprah today. Alot of the laws that we have followed for thousands of years are from man. Human beings still remain ignortant in many aspects and this is one of them! Have a good life and live it to your fullest my love and do not no longer hold your head down because of who you are on the inside! One of the worst sins is ignornance--when others condem and judge what they do not know or understand. My heart is with you and i know that your love is waiting for you to find them! With love forever cindy

Blog Archive