Saturday, May 2, 2009

What's Wrong with Being Naked?

That's what Japanese pop-star Tsuyoshi Kusanagi screamed at police when they arrested him for public indecency in a Tokyo park, wildly drunk. When I read that he was holding back tears during a public apology, tears came to my eyes. That is the nature of my weird sensitivity. It happens to me at certain moments--yesterday when I was talking about a person from my childhood who was severly injured in a car accident. Always, when I remember my Uncle Donny who was killed in Viet Nam, or my dog, Lady, who died of distemper. As an actor, I used to think it was an achievment to be able to cry on stage. Now, I think it is an achievment not to cry. By the way, a lot of people were sympathetic to Mr. Kusanagi, who has been a star for 20 some years. Japanese people are fairly forgiving when an apology is well done.

Continuing to read TW's notebooks, a little Gumbo Ya Ya.

Audition tomorrow eve!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

I love your blog. I love reading about these aspects of you. It reminds me of becoming your friend in the first place eight billion years ago at Lewis & Clark.

Robert said...

I will never forget "that must be really hard!" and, "It's in-tres-ting, Bob, not in-ter-est-ting." Do you remember "TriniTEE?" You're a special person, Lisa!!!

Lisa said...

I remember these comments and the memory makes me smile. We were so young once, weren't we? I wasn't really aware at the time.

It is so important to have a laugh every now and then.

Blog Archive