Sunday, February 22, 2009

APIS--Papering the House

Papering the house means giving away lots of tickets for free. Apis will play only four nights--March 13 & 14 and March 20 & 21st. Each of the cast members has a night when he or she can offer complimentary tickets to as many guests as he or she wishes. My night is Friday, March 20th. Here is information about the show:


APIS, or The Taste of Honey

Opera Beyond Words
March 13 - March 21
All Seats $10, Fri/Sat 8PM
Click here for tickets

Artistic Co-Director Jerry Mouawad stages play without words that fuses a military prison with the world of the honey bee. Rated ‘R’ for mature audiences.


6 comments:

Lisa said...

I really wish I could come and see your show. It sounds very cool and interesting and unusual. Apis indeed! Has it been fun to be involved in?

I am so ready to move back to Portland... and stop grading student papers! But that's just me right now. It is Sunday afternoon, after all.

Robert said...

It has been and is very fun and interesting to be involved in Apis. It is completely different from anything else I have done & I find that very compelling at a personal level. The director/creator is very talented and has such a unique perspective. Every day is an opportunity to explore and learn something new.

Robert said...

Portland is a nice city, I must agree. And if you are from here it is all the nicer I think. But you seem to have a lot going for you in Southern California. I envy you your teaching job in some ways.

Lisa said...

You can envy me the teaching job, but I'll tell you, the administration part is very trying. I am not so good with trying, these days. I feel kind of tired a lot, and kind of old and out of condition for the more difficult moments.
I do like teaching, though.
What about Apis makes it R-rated? That's a curious combo, I'm thinking, with bees and all.

Robert said...

I don't think Apis is R-rated actually. There is no speaking; thus, no f-bombs or other swearing. And any sexuality is very stylized, believe me. I think it's just that Imago does so many kid-friendly shows, that the director wants it to be clear that this one isn't for the littlest ones.

Anonymous said...

Hi Bobby! I haven't read your blog for quite some time and WOW! I find today that you are in a play rehearsing for shows this month! I'm so happy for you and would be interested in a couple tickets for the 20th, if you have any left! I love reading about your friends and all the things you do!Your positive attitude about everthing is outstanding! Love, Cousin Jan

Blog Archive